At Your Service! 24/7
We answer 24/7. No answering service or voicemail!
Our goal is to help minimize the interruption to your life and quickly make it "Like it never even happened." Our highly trained crew is always ready to take care of your restoration needs. We understand the stress and worry that comes with a fire or water damage and the disruption it causes your life and home or business.
SERVPRO is the cleaning and restoration brand you know and trusts serving you since 1967, we specialize in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke, or water damage. Our franchises, SERVPRO of Greater Northern Charleston and Dorchester County, have been locally owned and serving the Lowcountry since 2006. You can rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property no matter the size or type of loss. And the best part… we have a manager answering the phones 24/7 so you never have to wait on an answering service.
Here for you, Charleston. 24/7.
Water Mitigation in a Nutshell!
Unfortunately, disasters happen. Are you ready?
Property disasters are a certainty. They can be minor or significant, but damage issues are a guaranteed part of property ownership.
Damages and their repair becomes more complicated when water is added to the mix. Rainwater can spill over and enter into places that it should not be, from places such as the roof, attic, crawlspaces, or basements. Water build-up can wreak havoc as it continues to rise and accumulate. A dishwasher malfunction or burst pipe can create a world of chaos if it is not dealt with as swiftly as possible.
These are merely a few of the instances that compel a property owner to seek out water restoration professionals. In any circumstance, the mitigation team will show up on site to evaluate the extent of the damage, and determine the best course of action. Though jobs vary drastically, all follow the same basic process. Here is what you can expect:
- Communication of drying plan with property owner and completion of appropriate documentation.
- Extraction of any excess water.
- Removal of any materials or contents that cannot be salvaged. A couple of examples are carpet padding and drywall that are fully saturated.
- Disinfectant application to all affected areas and materials in order to prevent any mildew or mold growth during the drying process.
- Fans and dehumidifiers set strategically to promote the most efficient drying timeline.
- Schedule to monitor the drying progress over the following day.
- Final equipment removed upon all materials drying to IICRC standards.
- Final loss report and supporting documents sent to insurance adjuster for payment.
At SERVPRO of Greater Northern Charleston always prioritize restoration over replacement during water mitigation.* Other firms may take a more replacement approach and this can affect the way the job is run as well as how efficiently the insurance claim is handled. Most insurance professionals realize that restoration versus replacement allows for property protection and long-term preservation and is the key to minimizing further damage within the property.
Cost of water mitigation
The first question we are usually faced with in an emergent water damage is, “What do we do now?” The next most commons question is, “How much is it going to cost?” Property owners want to know how much it will cost to remove water within a property and to dry out the area.
The truth is that, while specific line items have standard pricing, cost of the full job varies from job to job, depending on severity and circumstances. Here are a few things that factor into cost:
- Source of damage. For example, sewage is more expensive to clean up than the water from an ice maker due to additional precautions and disinfecting processes to prevent the spread of dangerous contaminants.
- Severity of damage. Size of job can be deceiving. Occasionally, jobs with a small area of visible damage can actually be quite complicated to mitigate based on what is under the surface. One instance is when a water damage is left unattended and mold grows in the walls and under the flooring with no external sign of its presence
- Time of day emergency services are needed. After hours, weekends, and holidays often have different pricing, as the cost of production staff is more expensive during these times. However, insurance companies consider this when approving your claim. We work directly with the insurance company to ensure they are in agreement with the necessity of the afterhours work and pricing.
- The specifics of your insurance policy. All policies range in deductible and coverage requirements. It is critical to know what you coverage is before beginning a job. By calling us immediately upon discovering a water damage, we can help you navigate the beginning portion of the process and ensure that we are working within the parameters of your specific policy.
While the insurance and billing process of a water loss can be daunting, we have a team of trained professionals on staff 24/7 to make sure the claims and payment process is as seamless as possible.
We are here for you.
Fortunately, water mitigation services are not something property owners require very often, but it is certainly a necessary service when dealing with chaotic water situations. So, we highly recommend you research and find a restoration company that you will feel confident in calling if damage does occur.
SERVPRO of Greater Northern Charleston & Dorchester County has been serving the Lowcountry for 16 years and have an incredible team ready to help. Feel free to call us to discuss any questions you may have in advance of a disaster so you are as prepared as possible.
Always just a phone call away to make your water damage, "Like it never even happened."
*If you’d like to know a little bit more about why we restore rather than replace when possible, here is another post on the subject.
Smoke damage can be daunting to tackle. We can help!
The complexity of property loss or destruction due to fire damage is largely due to smoke's unique behavior. Smoke can penetrate any porous material not only inside the home, but within cavities of the structure as well, causing hidden damage and odor.
Having a SERVPRO of Greater Northern Charleston Professional inspect and assess your home after fire damage before beginning the cleaning process saves time. It can prevent the loss of essential items or keepsakes as we can help put a plan in place for you as you await insurance approval or for the fire department to complete their investigaton.
For more detail on the behavior of smoke, the risk of hidden damage, and how we at SERVPRO of Greater Northern Charleston can help, please contact us at 843-552-1226 or through our "Contact Us" page on our website.
We are always here to help!
Response Time is Key!
Response time matter! We are always ready to help!
Rapid Response on EVERY call is what sets our SERVPRO franchises apart from our competitors. While all SERVPRO franchises are independently owned and operated, we are all held to the same response time guidelines. We are actually scored on our ability to maintain consistent response times with the 1-4-8 standard set by our corporate leadership.
At SERVPRO of Greater Northern Charleston and Dorchester County, we take the 1-4-8 guideline as a challenge. When we are notified of a loss by your insurance company, property manager, or a direct call from you, we IMMEDIATELY take steps to contact the appropriate person and make arrangements to be on site for emergency service in as little time as possible. Highly trained and professional technicians are usually on site in less than 2 hours unless otherwise requested by the client.
We also make it a practice to contact your insurance adjuster, if possible, during the initial visit to your property in order to expedite necessary approvals for the work required to mitigate the fire or water damage and restore your home or business as quickly as possible. We work diligently with your adjuster to be sure the scope of work falls within the parameters of your covereage with no surprises when it comes time for invoicing.
SERVPRO of Greater Northern Charleston and SERVPRO of Dorchester County are proud to be part of a nationwide system that challenges us to provide expedient, quality service to our local home and business owners.
We are ready 24/7 to serve the North Charleston, Goose Creek, Moncks Corner, Summerville, Ladson, Hanahan... and all of Dorchester County. Always just a phone call away. 843-552-1226
2021 Hurricane Season is Here!
Are you familiar with your storm/flood insurance coverage?
Last year’s season on the East coast was relatively quiet, so it may have been some time since most of us have even thought about our flood insurance and homeowners insurance policies. Now is the perfect time to change that!
Do you know where your insurance policy is? The amount of your deductible? What the best way to file a claim? Is there an app you can put on your phone in the event that you cannot access paper copies? Does your car or boat have adequate coverage? Do you have a local agent?
Etc, etc, etc.
Take a few minutes this weekend to brush up on the questions above and reach out to a local agent to make sure there is nothing more you need to be taken care of well and quickly in the event this year’s storm season is not as kind to Charleston as last year.
Feel free to reach out to us at SERVPRO of Greater Northern Charleston and Dorchester County with any questions you may have concerning hurricane preparedness as well. We are always here to help.
Response Time is Critical!
Faster to any disaster!
SERVPRO strives to have the best response time possible when called for help on water damage. Our goal is two-fold: To reduce interruption to your family or business and to make the insurance claim resolution seamless and timely. On a practical level, we simply want to stop the rapid time in which damage can occur.
Here is a timeline on how the damage from water can progress over just a few weeks:
- Water spreads very quickly from source to adjoining rooms.
- Furniture can stain carpets.
- Paper items are ruined.
- Color in carpets can run.
- Odors, especially pet or smoke, are released from the carpet and pad.
- Electronics (computer towers, power bars, etc.) can be damaged.
- Wood and cabinets begin to swell, split or delaminate.
- Drywall begins to disintegrate.
- Bacteria begins to present and sewage contaminants become airborne.
- Many metal surfaces will begin to tarnish.
- Odor becomes stronger and more nauseating.
- Wooden & Vinyl floors can bubble, buckle or cup.
WITHIN A WEEK…
- Mold will begin to appear and affected areas will no longer be restorable.
- Metal surfaces will begin to rust.
- Wood on cabinets or doors and door casings begin to swell.
- Water will have seeped into the internal areas of furniture increasing the cost of drying, or make drying impossible.
- Residence may need to be evacuated due to health hazards.
- Drywall surface beyond the original affected area can be affected by seeping moisture, mold and mildew.
- Wood on cabinets, doors and casings can split and finishes be destroyed.
- Original affected area, as well as additional areas covered in mold and mildew, will become unsalvageable and will need to be replaced.
SERVPRO of Greater Northern Charleston has professionally trained teams, ready for your call. Contact us 24/7 at (843) 552-1226.
Your Business and the 2021 Storm Season?
Call to discuss creating your Emergency Ready Profile!
With storm season upon us, you will be hearing a lot about being prepared. Natural disasters can cause businesses to shut down for days or months until repairs can be made and structures are safe enough to enter and resume business. Every day you remain closed is another day of lost profits.
With SERVPRO® of Greater Northern Charleston, you can count on us to get to the disaster faster and make it "Like it never even happened." Our training and expertise have prepared us to help with water damage, storm damage, fire damage and mold remediation quickly and effectively.
Give us a call today to learn how we can help by implementing an Emergency Ready Plan, specific to your business - no contract, no charge. Just our way of helping you be ready for whatever happens. 24/7 ~ 843.552.1226 or use our Contact Us page on the web.
Did you know??
Just a few facts that set's SERVPRO of Greater Northern Charleston apart!
- SERVPRO was founded in 1967.
- The Greater Northern Charleston franchise has been in business for 16 years.
- We are the National leader and provider of fire and water cleanup and restoration services.
- We also specialize in mold mitigation and remediation.
- SERVPRO of Greater Northern Charleston is locally owned and operated and answer the phones 24/7. No answering services!
- A network of more than 1,700 individually owned and operated Franchises make up the SERVPRO family.
- We are international and now have franchises in Canada.
- We respond to property damage emergencies ranging from individual residential disasters to multi-million dollar commercial losses.
- The SERVPRO® System has established relationships with all major insurance companies.
Most of all… We love working with our Lowcountry home and business owners!
1 Year Down... Many to go!
We just celebratred our 1 year anniversary of offering Reconstruction!
Any restoration project, regardless of the cause of loss, has 3 phases from start to finish. Assessment, mitigation, and reconstruction. We have prided ourselves in offering quality services in 2 out of the 3 phases over the years, and now we are also offering reconstruction! SERVPRO of Greater Northern Charleston and Dorchester County can now be your one-stop-shop to get your life or business put back in order as efficiently as possible.
Between ownership and management, there is nearly a cumulative century in experience to navigate you through the process of recovering from a fire or flood in your home or commercial space. Here is a little about our Reconstruction management team:
- Tom Gomolka, Reconstruction Services Manager. Tom owned a local contracting company and has been restoring and remodeling homes for the last 10 years. Tom joined our team in 2020 and we are looking forward to the leadership he brings to the table.
- Beth Williams, Marketing & Construction Services Manager. If it has to do with the real estate industry, Beth likely has experience somewhere in her resume. Lending, property management, investment, renovations, and the last 8 years have been all things SERVPRO. Dedicated to growing a respected and community conscious business is her goal, and we are all on board.
- Most important, there is no list without these two: Liz and Brandon Ferm, Owners. Liz is a 2nd generation SERVPRO franchise owner and Brandon joined the Green Truck family 14 years ago when they first bought the Greater North Charleston license. Liz has background, not only in restoration, but in mortgage lending, processing, investment, and property and business ownership. Before becoming one of the owners of an IICRC Certified Firm, Brandon was heavily involved in the Charleston Food & Beverage scene. From bartending to restaurant ownership to growing a multi-license SERVPRO franchise, there is little that can happen to a business that he has not experienced and managed first hand.
If you want people that know the cost of being out of business due to a disaster, this is the team to choose. Our crews are trained from day one that getting the doors back open as quickly and efficiently as possible is priority one.
Contact us any time at (843) 552-1226 or on through our website.
Why Replace When You Can Restore?
We work with all insurance companies to get you back into your home quickly and efficiently.
At SERVPRO of Greater Northern Charleston & Dorchester County, we are in the business of restoration rather than replacement. Restoration vs. replacement provides the homeowner peace of mind, in the event of a loss, that they will be able to make the most of any insurance payments they receive.
Why do we focus on restoration?
- To help minimize the amount of building material discarded into landfills.
- To help preserve the original architecture of building structures.
- Restoration is much more cost-efficient than replacement.
- Many items cannot be replaced, such as important documents and family heirlooms.
- Restoration can better satisfy a complete return to normalcy when catastrophe occurs.
- Insurance policies often have limits that cap the amount of a claim - restoration allows for minimizing the costs of returning a structure to preloss condition.
SERVPRO of Greater Northern Charleston works seamlessly with insurance companies nationwide, providing them with restoration budgets that not only meet their stringent guidelines, but provide the homeowner with the best possible outcome.
You have a choice when it comes to who to trust with your home after a fire or flood. Choose SERVPRO of Greater Northern Charleston & Dorchester County and let us help you make it… “Like it never even happened.”
We can be reached 24/7 at (843) 552-1226.