Golfing for Education
Only a few spots left!
Charleston Leaders is an organization that is near a dear to our hearts. This is where we choose to spend the majority of our volunteer time and fundraising efforts as a franchise. The mission of Charleston Leaders is to bring local leaders, at every stage of business and growth, together to encourage greatness in each other and our city.
The not for profit organization creates events and programs, not only to train up business leaders, but to raise funds to implement leadership programs in local schools. The Covey Leader In Me program is a complete school platform for elementary schools. They immerse all facets of the student's day in Franklin Covey's 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. The original book has been transformed into the 7 Habits of Happy Kids and the program is in nearly over 1000 schools across the country. It is impressive to see the growth in the student body of the schools that have embraced this program!
Our Marketing and Reconstruction Manager, Beth Williams, has been on the team that is organizing a golf tournament to raise funds for Leader In Me on August 27th at Patriot's Point Links. We would love for you to be a part of this day!
Visit the Golfing for Education website for more information on playing the tournament, volunteering, or sponsoring. Also feel free to reach out to Beth via phone (843) 552-1226 or email beth@SERVPROofgnc.com if you'd like more information on Leader In Me or Charleston Leaders.
We are always here to help and we absolutely love serving the Lowcountry!
Preparing For the Worst: First Steps.
Preparing for the worst lessens confusion and uncertainty when disaster strikes.
Disaster has struck! Your worst nightmare has come true. Your refuge has been compromised. Emotion is running high. There’s so much to do - so many questions. Where do you turn? Who do you trust? What are the next steps? Hopefully, in the next few minutes we can help you sort this stuff out.
- Notify your insurance company of the loss. PLAN AHEAD: keep a copy of your policy and contact information at a safe alternate location. Set up an insurance contact in your phone in advance, just in case. In a catastrophe, emotions run high and trying to remember insurance details is an unnecessary stressor.
- Get advice from a first response company. They can quickly send out an expert who will evaluate your situation and help you protect the property from further damage. We all live busy lives, but taking time to research beforehand so you aren’t making snap decisions in a tough moment, is time well spent. Here at SERVPRO of Greater Northern Charleston, we offer programs to evaluate your home or business and put you on a preferential service list in the event of a community wide disaster.
- Hire a pre-screened construction professional. Some mitigation companies, like ours, do turn-key projects. We not only mitigate the original damage but can handle the reconstruction as well. If yours doesn’t offer this, take the time to investigate your options beforehand. The key to managing stress in a crisis is eliminating as many unknowns as possible before disaster strikes.
- Notify your mortgage company that you’ve had damage. Most companies have a “Loss Draft Department” that exists solely to process money as the insurance company issues it. Larger settlements are often escrowed by the company and distributed in increments based upon progress made by the contractor. There is usually a package of documents that has to be filled out and submitted by you and your licensed contractor to begin distribution of funds.
- Understand the limits of your policy. This is a complex process with many moving parts. On larger claims many home owners make mistakes early in the process that can cause grave financial harm to them as the situation unfolds. Beware of offers of convenience as they are often quite costly. Every expense in an insurance claim is assigned to a category within the policy. When the category is used up there’s no more money. Ask your agent to go over the various components with you and explain what protections you are buying and how they match up to real world expenses if you ever have to file a claim.
We are locally owned and have been serving the Lowcountry for 16 years, and counting! If you have any questions about how you can be prepared for a fire or flood emergency in your home or business, do not hesitate to call or contact us through our site!
We are here for you 24/7.
There When You Need Us To Be.
Water. Fire. Mold. Disinfecting. We are ready. 24/7
Time becomes a precious commodity when disaster strikes. Waiting for help is stressful when your home or livelihood is on the line. Responding faster to any size disaster is more than just a slogan to us, it is an essential part of how we do business.
Why is response time so important?
It only takes minutes for water to spread throughout your property and saturate everything in its path. The walls, the floors, upholstery, and your belongings are fast casualties of water.
During the first 24 hours:
- Drywall will begin to break down
- Tarnishing begins on metal surfaces
- Furniture swells and begins to crack
- Colors on paper and cloth begin to bleed
- The affected area takes on a musty odor
Between 48 hours and a week:
- Mold and mildew begin to grow
- Doors, studs, wood flooring swell and warp
- Metal starts to rust and become corroded
- Paint begins to blister
- The risk of bio-hazard contamination increases
Water damage left unchecked for over a week can lead to dramatically increased restoration time and costs, as well as impact the building’s structural safety.
How we can help:
We can set up a plan of action for you in advance of a disaster striking your business.
We can provide an immediate response which can help minimize damage and help keep restoration costs manageable.
Our professionally trained crews are available 24/7 to be dispatched to your property, day or night, with the industry's best equipment and supplies.
We are locally owned and operated. We know our Charleston area communities and love serving the Lowcountry.
Water. Fire. Mold. Disinfecting. Whatever your need, we are here for you, 24/7. Need more information? Call (843) 552-1226 or fill our our Contact Us page on the web.
The More You Know.
We are are always ready to help. Here's what we will need to know.
Living in Charleston, we are no strangers to flooding, and heavy wind and rain forcing water into places it does not belong! A water damage in your home can be an incredibly daunting experience and our teams are trained to efficiently navigate you through the entire experience. Knowing a little about what we will need before you call, can help expedite the process and allow us to answer your questions more effectively.
Here are a few of the questions you can expect to be asked during that nerve-wracking initial call:
- Your name, address, email, and the best contact information to reach you.
- Insurance claim information, if you have already called them.
- The cause of water damage and when it occurred.
- Is power and water still on at property?
- How many rooms, and what type of flooring was affected?
- Are ceilings affected in any of the rooms?
- Is your home on a slab or a crawlspace and how many stories?
- Is property accessible and who will be meeting our crew?
We are available to help make the water clean-up and reconstruction process as painless as possible for you and your family.
Call, any time. 24/7 ~ 843.552.1226
2020 Hurricane Season Coming On Strong!
We are ready for whatever this Hurricane Seasons brings!
According to National Oceanic Atmospheric Association (aka NOAA) the 2020 hurricane season has a 60 percent chance of being an "above normal" season. This means, potentially, 13-19 named storms, with up to 10 of them becoming hurricanes. While no one, including NOAA, truly has a crystal ball that can clearly see into the future, it would not be out of step for 2020 to deliver just such a season!
With social distancing, remote work changes, and most businesses not operating fully "business as usual," it would be easy to set aside properly preparing for a hurricane.
We encourage you to take a look at your plan, evacuation options, and supplies in your home before there is a named storm on the horizon. This year, more than ever, it is important to be prepared. Supply chains have been slowed and stores are just now getting some essential items restocked regularly. No one wants to get stuck during a storm after another mad rush on TP!
NOAA also offers a mobile app that tracks storms, sends notifications, shares locations of shelters, along with providing helpful safety tips. Click here to check it out and download: https://www.fema.gov/mobile-app
As always, SERVPRO of Greater North Charleston and Dorchester County are here to help in any way we can. If your home is affected by a storm, named or not, we are available 24/7. Save our number, 843-552-1226, in your phone now so you are ready.
Here's to a safe and peaceful Hurricane Season! We think we have earned it!
Is Your Business Ready?
We are here to help you be as ready as possible for the 2020 hurricane season.
If you are like most businesses (including us!), you started 2020 with brand new exciting intentions for the year, only to have to completely reevaluate everything from payroll, work environment, to services or products offered. One thing we want to be sure you give attention to, in the midst of the chaos this year, is your plan in the event of a hurricane. No one needs to be caught unprepared for another potential 2020 disaster.
FEMA records that 40-60 percent of small businesses do not reopen after suffering an incapacitating disaster... and 90 percent of the ones that do, do not remain in business more than a year if they have to close for much more than 5 days. Often business owners have an emergency contingency plan in place for employee safety, but few have a plan specifically to stabilize damage efficiently and quickly. This is where we can help.
SERVPRO® offers an Emergency Ready Plan that provides you an immediate plan of action, limiting the amount of time your business is inactive. Timely mitigation minimizes the effects of water damage. Knowing what to do, who to call, and what to expect, in advance, is the key to timely mitigation.
Benefits of having a SERVPRO ERP in place:
- We are familiar with your property, access points, and type of materials likely affected.
- We are familiar with you, as an owner, and what you would have us prioritize upon arrival.
- We know square footage, layout of rooms, and power access. This allows our Crew Chiefs to estimate equipment, supplies, and labor needs immediately upon receiving the call from you.
- All of the above, gives us the ability to prioritize your business during a city wide event, as we have critical information in a cloud-based app that can be shared at a moment’s notice with the appropriate storm team.
For more information on creating your free, customized Emergency Ready Plan, call (843) 552-1226 or use our Contact Us Form.
We love serving you, Charleston, and we are always here to help!
Now Offering Reconstruction!
From start to finish, we can take care of your fire, water, or mold loss.
Any restoration project, regardless of the cause of loss, has 3 phases from start to finish. Assessment, mitigation, and reconstruction. We have prided ourselves in offering quality services in 2 out of the 3 phases over the years, and now we are over the moon to officially announce that we are also offering reconstruction! SERVPRO of Greater Northern Charleston and Dorchester County can now be your one-stop-shop to get your life or business put back in order as efficiently as possible.
Between ownership and management, there is nearly a cumulative century in experience to navigate you through the process of recovering from a fire or flood in your home or commercial space. Here is a little about our Reconstruction management team:
- Mark VanHaelst, Construction Coordinator & Commercial Sales Rep. Mark has been a General Contractor and owner of Triton Construction for 30 years in the Charleston area. He has also been our “go to” for the last 8 years as a referral for our customer’s reconstruction. We are beyond thrilled to have him in the fold and running our reconstruction projects from the inside! His extensive experience affords us the opportunity to be the only call you need to make in the face of any type of property damage.
- Beth Williams, Marketing & Reconstruction Manager. If it has to do with the real estate industry, Beth likely has experience somewhere in her resume. Lending, property management, investment, renovations, and the last 8 years have been all things SERVPRO. Dedicated to growing a respected and community conscious business is her goal, and we are all on board,
- Most important, there is no list without these two: Liz and Brandon Ferm, Owners. Liz is a 2nd generation SERVPRO franchise owner and Brandon joined the Green Truck family 14 years ago when they first bought the Greater North Charleston license. Liz has background, not only in restoration, but in mortgage lending, processing, investment, and property and business ownership. Before becoming one of the owners of an IICRC Certified Firm, Brandon was heavily involved in the Charleston Food & Beverage scene. From bartending to restaurant ownership to growing a multi-license SERVPRO franchise, there is little that can happen to a business that he has not experienced and managed first hand.
If you want people that know the cost of being out of business due to a disaster, this is the team to choose. Our crews are trained from day one that getting the doors back open as quickly and efficiently as possible is priority one.
Contact us any time at (843) 552-1226 or on through our website.
Now Offering Textile Cleaning!
We can take care of your textile cleaning in the aftermath of a fire or water damage.
Restoration projects due to a fire, water, or mold loss have many different variables and moving parts. SERVPRO of Greater N. Charleston and Dorchester County pride ourselves in our ability to respond quickly and perform mitigation in an efficient and timely matter. We are always looking for new ways to streamline the process and, as the result of this effort, we can now offer you textile services directly through our franchise!
We understand the value of restoring, in lieu of replacing, as many of the affected contents and materials as possible for an ongoing job. Not only does restoring contents save more of your belongings and save you money, it also helps make the insurance claim process run a bit more smoothly. By having full oversight of the textile cleaning process, we will be able to ensure that all restorable contents are cleaned and returned to you in an efficient and orderly manner.
Please feel free to call (843-552-1226) or email us with any questions you may have and to discuss how we can best serve you in the aftermath of a disaster in your home or commercial space.
We Can Help With Your Disinfecting Needs.
When you are ready, we are here to do help you get back to business.
Working remotely, retail stores closed, shortages of certain essential products, (We will not even begin discussing the TP crisis!), Charleston food and beverage fighting to stay a float, cleanest hands in history, homeschooling, all day happy hours, and the disconcerting realization that not touching your face is nearly impossible. To say the least, the last 6 weeks have been unprecedented in so many ways.
Now that things are beginning to loosen up a bit, we wanted to let you know about the disinfecting services we have available when you are ready to consider reopening your commercial space.
- An Ultra-Low fogging system allows us to disperse a safe anti-microbial agent in a fine mist throughout the office. Starting at 9 cents per square foot.
- Application of an antimicrobial agent to the touch points in your office. Desks, doorknobs, cabinets, counter tops, sinks, light switches, etc. Starting at 25 cents per square foot.
- Combination of both of the above processes, with increased precautions and attention to deeper cleaning details. Starting at 75 cents per square foot. (This option is required if there is a confirmed case of COVID-19 associated with the property.)
For more information and pricing specific to your needs, please do not hesitate to call. We are here to help in any way we can. (843) 552-1226
Take care and stay safe, Charleston!
Response Time Is Our Specialty!
We are here 24/7, ready to respond quickly!
Rapid Response on every call is one of the things that sets SERVPRO apart from our competitors. The longer a water damage sits, unattended, the more costly and extensive the damage.
At SERVPRO of Greater Northern Charleston we take the 1-4-8 guidelines pictured as a challenge! When we are notified of a loss by your insurance company or property manager, we make sure someone stops immediately to contact the appropriate person and make arrangements to access the site for needed emergency services. Highly trained and professional technicians are usually on site in less than 2 hours, unless otherwise requested by the client.
We also make it a practice to contact your insurance adjuster, if at all possible, during the initial visit to your property in order to expedite necessary approvals for the work required to mitigate the fire or water damage and restore your home or business.
SERVPRO of Greater Northern Charleston is proud to be part of a nationwide company that challenges us to provide expedient, quality service to our local home owners and small businesses.
We are here 24/7 to serve the North Charleston and surrounding areas: Park Circle, Goose Creek, Moncks Corner, Summerville, Ladson, Hanahan, etc. (843) 552-1226 or contact us through our website.
We love calling the Greater Charleston area home, and are here to help any way we can.