April Showers Bring... MOLD?
Mold and mildew are no strangers to us here in Charleston! And it is a problem that we take very seriously here at SERVPRO of Dorchester County. Do you have mold lurking behind your walls, around windows, or on vents? Mold can grow just about anywhere there is the presence of moisture. Isn't it enough that we deal with the high humidity here in the Lowcountry? Here are just a few ways mold can be an issue in your home or business:
- Leaks in windows, roofs and piping can cause a mold issue on and around the leaky area.
- Flooding, whether caused by mother nature or an appliance issue, is another source of moisture that can cause growth issues.
- Once mold gets into paper products or wood, it grows fast and often these items cannot be salvaged.
- Dust, paint, wallpaper, drywall, insulation, carpet, and any type of fabric or upholstery. All susceptible to encouraging microbial growth.
- Suffer from allergies? Don't even get us started on the list of issues here!
If you feel your home or business has a moisture issue that may be causing mold growth and damage, we are here to help. Call us today for an inspection! We have professionally trained technicians ready and happy to help. 843.552.1226