Response Time is Critical!
SERVPRO strives to have the best response time possible when called for help on water damage. Our goal is two-fold: To reduce interruption to your family or business and to make the insurance claim resolution seamless and timely. On a practical level, we simply want to stop the rapid time in which damage can occur.
Here is a timeline on how the damage from water can progress over just a few weeks:
- Water spreads very quickly from source to adjoining rooms.
- Furniture can stain carpets.
- Paper items are ruined.
- Color in carpets can run.
- Odors, especially pet or smoke, are released from the carpet and pad.
- Electronics (computer towers, power bars, etc.) can be damaged.
- Wood and cabinets begin to swell, split or delaminate.
- Drywall begins to disintegrate.
- Bacteria begins to present and sewage contaminants become airborne.
- Many metal surfaces will begin to tarnish.
- Odor becomes stronger and more nauseating.
- Wooden & Vinyl floors can bubble, buckle or cup.
WITHIN A WEEK…
- Mold will begin to appear and affected areas will no longer be restorable.
- Metal surfaces will begin to rust.
- Wood on cabinets or doors and door casings begin to swell.
- Water will have seeped into the internal areas of furniture increasing the cost of drying, or make drying impossible.
- Residence may need to be evacuated due to health hazards.
- Drywall surface beyond the original affected area can be affected by seeping moisture, mold and mildew.
- Wood on cabinets, doors and casings can split and finishes be destroyed.
- Original affected area, as well as additional areas covered in mold and mildew, will become unsalvageable and will need to be replaced.
SERVPRO of Greater Northern Charleston has professionally trained teams, ready for your call. Contact us 24/7 at (843) 552-1226.