NOW is the time to have a plan.
Statistics show you will likely have less than 2 minutes get out of your home, if a fire breaks out. Every family should have an escape plan worked out, in advance, to help prevent injury to family members and pets.
Here are few things to remember when creating your plan:
- All rooms need 2 exit strategies, if possible.
- Take into account the physical abilities of all family members and pets.
- Make sure all windows and doors function properly.
- Choose a safe meeting space outside, a safe distance from the home.
- Never go back into the house once you are out!
- Make a drawing of your plan, showing all rooms, windows, doors and share with everyone in the home.
- Practice, practice, practice!
FEMA has more information and ideas on how to put your escape plan together.
Stay safe, Friends! If you have a fire damage in your home, you take care of getting your family out safely, we will take care of the aftermath. Here for you 24/7, 843.552.1226Y