Are You Ready For Spring Weather?
Spring is upon us and the future is looking bright, but be sure to prepare for whatever Mother Nature may send our way.
The Risk of Severe Weather in the Spring
With the arrival of spring comes longer days and more sunshine. However, drastic changes in temperature are also common, bringing with them the threat of severe weather throughout the country.
Thunderstorms become increasingly common during the spring and are the main cause of severe weather.
These storms can cause the threat of flooding, high winds and even tornadoes if the conditions are right.
How to Be Prepared
There is no way to be able to predict the weather with 100% accuracy, however, advanced warnings, along with the right preparation, can greatly improve overall safety for your family.
Below are some suggestions to your home to prepare for severe weather:
- Clean gutters, drains and downspouts.
- Trim trees of loose or dead limbs
- Secure outdoor belongings
Having an emergency kit with the following items is also advisable:
- Battery-operated flashlight and NOAA weather radio, with extra batteries for both
- Emergency evacuation or shelter plans
- Important personal information including contacts and medical information.
- A first-aid kit with things like non-latex gloves, adhesive bandages, tweezers, sterile gauze pads, aspirin packets, adhesive cloth tape and scissors
- 3–5 day supply of bottled water and nonperishable food
- Personal hygiene items
- Blankets or sleeping bag
One thing that always remains true of unpredictable spring weather: It always happens. If your home or business is damaged in a storm, you can depend on SERVPRO® of Greater Northern Charleston to get the cleanup and restoration process started fast.