Heat your home safely.
Each year fire claims the lives of 3,500 Americans, injures 18,300, and causes billions of dollars worth of damage. Our winters in Charleston, SC may be mild in comparison to other parts of the country, but this often results in the use of portable heat sources more often. Space heaters in the office and outdoor heaters on our patios, offer just enough warmth to be comfortable and cost effective.
Here are a few tips to avoid a fire:
- All heating equipment needs space.
- Keep anything that can burn at least three feet away.
- Supervise children whenever a wood stove or space heater is being used.
- Have a three-foot "kid-free" zone around open fires and space heaters.
- Always unplug your electric space heater when not in use.
- Never burn trash, paper or green wood in your fireplace.
- Make sure all smoke alarms are functioning.
To find out how SERVPRO of Greater Northern Charleston responds to a fire damage, visit the Fire Restoration page on our website. Feel free to contact us at anytime if you are affected by a fire or smoke damage in your home or business.
24/7 - 843.552.1226 or Contact Us via our website.
For more information on Home Heating Safety from FEMA, visit http://www.usfa.fema.gov/citizens/home_fire_prev/heating/.